We are proud to announce that we have once again been awarded, for the 6th consecutive year, the coveted Florida Green Lodging** award. In order to achieve the Green Lodging Certificate, the following criteria is considered:
- The Inn’s landscaping is natural Florida gardens. They do not take a great deal of water to maintain and they are natural to the environment.
- The Inn & landscaping features use energy-efficient bulbs throughout more than 50% of their property
- The Inn has in-room recycling program for plastic, glass and aluminum
- The accommodation’s sheets are a poly-fiber blend that are 100% recyclable, made to dry quickly without taking much energy to dry
- The Inn uses mostly Star Appliances throughout
**The Florida Green Lodging Program is a voluntary initiative of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) that designates and recognizes lodging facilities that make a commitment to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources. The program’s environmental guidelines allow the hospitality industry to evaluate its operations, set goals and take specific actions to continuously improve environmental performance.
With a Florida-inspired garden that is recognized by the National Wildlife Federation as a Certified Wildlife Habitat, the Green Lodging program acknowledges the beauty and professional excellence of the Inn’s gardens that surround two of the historic buildings that comprise the St. Francis Inn.
For media interviews, visits and stories, please contact:
Leigh Cort Publicity, publicist for St. Francis Inn