One of the best things to do on your trip to our area in Florida is exploring the fantastic selection of St. Augustine museums. You’ll love learning more about the history of the oldest city in the US, the ancient structures, and many stories and events of the past. A great way to visit these St. Augustine museums is with the local touring company Old Town Trolley. Many of their routes stop off at these educational attractions.
As a guest at our luxury Florida Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to visit these nearby St. Augustine museums. Our Inn is in one of the most walkable areas of our charming, ancient city. Additionally, the St. Francis Inn is on the National Registry of Historic Places, known as the “oldest inn” of St. Augustine. It embodies that old-world ambiance that only adds to your stay.
The eclectic architecture and layout of our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast create cozy nooks, spacious common gathering areas, and unique guest rooms. The lush garden grounds make for a private retreat in paradise, with lovely outdoor seating areas, fountained courtyard with a temperature-controlled pool, and a gas fire pit for evenings under the stars. Start planning your next getaway to the oldest city in the US and book your stay today!
There’s Much to Explore at these St. Augustine Museums
It’s no surprise that a city as old as St. Augustine has many museums to explore. Be sure to join us for a fantastic breakfast to fuel you up before you head out to these St. Augustine museums on your vacation.
Check out these six famous St. Augustine museums for an exciting and educational activity:
- Lightner Museum: Located in the heart of downtown at the former Alcazar Hotel, this is the most well-known of the St. Augustine museums to visit for a spectacular collection of gilded-age memorabilia, fine art, and antiquities.
- St. Augustine’s History Museum: Take a historical journey of our age-old city at this museum packed with private collections, exhibits, giant dioramas, and vehicles.
- Villa Zorayda Museum: This nearly 140-year-old Spanish-style structure houses a priceless collection of antiques, art, and decor. The history of the beautiful building is intriguing, too, as it had many iterations before it became one of the St. Augustine museums.
- Oldest Store Museum: Step back into time when viewing this collection of old inventions, rare artifacts, and innovations from the turn of the century and early 1900s.
- Pirate and Treasure Museum: Head here to see the most extensive collection of pirate artifacts, storied tales of the high seas, and shipwreck treasures.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum: There’s a lot to explore at this historic site: climb the 219 steps to the observation deck of the lighthouse for a spectacular panoramic view, nature trails for hikes, and immersive exhibits and collections at the Maritime Museum.
Although Castillo de San Marcos may not technically be considered one of the St. Augustine museums, it’s still a significant attraction in the area. Not to mention it’s on the gorgeous western shore of Matanzas Bay. Stroll through the fortress for a self-guided tour of the collections and exhibits, watch a park ranger set off one of the old canons, and explore the ancient fort to better understand the war history of the Florida coast.
Relax in Luxury at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast
This beautiful suite (pictured above) is Margaret’s Room, and it’s the perfect space for your next romantic getaway to St. Augustine. Located in the 1880 Wilson House, just across a cobblestone street from the central Inn, you’ll have complete privacy and quiet when you book this lovely room. Equipped with a comfy king-size bed, a corner two-person whirlpool tub, and an open-air seating area, you’ll be thrilled to call this suite home on your stay.
All guests of the St. Francis Inn are treated to complementary scratch-made breakfast each morning of their stay, as well as a social hour with wine and snacks in the evenings. It’s these details that make our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast the best place for lodging all year long. Check our availability and book your vacation today!