Florida is the perfect place for a family getaway this year, and there are so many fun things to do in St Augustine with kids! The youngsters will be thrilled with our golden sandy beaches, beautiful parks, and family-focused tours. At the same time, the older generation will enjoy our fantastic restaurants, historical landmarks, architecture, and live music. It’s the ideal destination with activities for all ages!
One of the best parts about touring the Nation’s Oldest City is our transportation options. One of the best things to do in St Augustine with kids is hop on the Old Town Trolley Tour, which takes you all over the city. The kids will love riding on the open-air trolley, and the adults can get a lay of the land for the best museums, activities, and hotspots to hit during their stay. Better yet, you can buy a pass and hop off and on at the attractions of your choice, and many offer discounts for those who come via the Old Town Trolley.
Before you start filling your itinerary with all the best things to do in St Augustine with kids, you’ll want to book your overnight accommodations, and our bed and breakfast in St Augustine is the perfect place to stay. Our family-friendly Inn not only offers an array of distinct guest rooms and multi-room suites, but we have a beautiful pool in our courtyard, a long list of complimentary amenities that both kids and adults can enjoy, and so much more! We can’t wait to host you and the entire family at St. Francis Inn! Book your lodging today.
Best Things to Do in St Augustine with Kids
Your days can be as filled with adventure as you like in the Nation’s Oldest City; there are so many things to do in St Augustine with kids! As a guest at our bed and breakfast in St Augustine, you’ll want to start your day with our breakfast service included in your room rate. When traveling with children, this is incredibly convenient and is excellent on the wallet, too. After enjoying our homemade sweet and savory options, you’ll be fueled and ready to hit the city with the kids in tow.
Here are the top ten things to do in St Augustine with kids:
- Old Town Trolley Tour: This classic tour group offers open-air trolley rides all over the city! You can park your car (for free!) at the Inn and head out on foot. This is just one more reason St Augustine is such a family-friendly destination.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum: Explore the bizarre spanning three floors at this kid-friendly museum in St Augustine. It’s also home to the oldest putt-putt golf course in Florida, and they offer red train tours to many of the best things to do in St Augustine with kids.
- The Old Jail Museum: Tour this old jail turned museum and relic of what it was like for prisoners all those years ago. Kids will be intrigued by the ancient weapons, artifacts, and holding cells.
- St Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum: Set sail for an adventure back in time when pirates roamed the seven seas! This is one of the best things to do in St Augustine with kids who love pirate lore, stories, and treasure hunting.
- Anastasia Island State Park: The white dunes and waves crashing on the beach make this Florida State Park a must-visit in St. Augustine! You’ll find more than 1600 acres of stunning tropical paradise to explore.
- St Augustine Beach: Always, the beach is one of the best things to do in St Augusting with kids! They’ll love heading to this gorgeous beach for sunshine and a splash park!
- St Augustine Lighthouse: As one of the most popular landmarks in St Augustine, the little ones love climbing the 219 steps to the top! Note that kiddos must be at least 44 inches to climb, but as a guest at our bed and breakfast in St Augustine, the entry to this museum is a complimentary amenities.
- Castillo de San Marcos: While heading to a masonry fort may sound boring for some kids, this is such an impressive example that even the kids will be awed by the size and scope of the oldest forts in the US.
- St Augustine Alligator Farm: This is by far one of the best things to do in St Augustine with kids! They’ll love seeing all the reptiles, exotic birds, and live animal feedings!
- St Augustine Wild Reserve: Voted one of the best things to do with kids in St Augustine, they will get to see an amazing array of big cats out in the wild!
Family-Friendly Lodging at our Bed and Breakfast St Augustine
After you’ve experienced all the best things to do in St Augustine with kids that you can, you’ll be happy to know that there’s a fantastic list of kid-friendly St Augustine restaurants as well. Our afternoon social hour is one element that makes our bed and breakfast in St Augustine super family-friendly! It’s the perfect break between outings to refresh and get a snack or two into the little ones, and mom and dad will appreciate it, too!
The majority of our suites (including the Garcia Suite pictured here) sleep up to four people comfortably. The suites on the property offer a big, comfy bed and sleeper sofas, ideal for the little ones to curl up in the evenings after a busy day exploring. These rooms are suitable for small families traveling together. And you’ll love having access to our on-site pool, verandas, garden grounds, and shared common rooms. However, if you have a group of six, we have two vacation cottages that are just the fit.
The Cottage, a two-bedroom, two-bath stand-alone building, is eminently family-friendly. The first floor features a newly updated eat-in kitchen, a modern bathroom with a 2-person whirlpool tub, a living room with a working fireplace, and a sleeper sofa. The two bedrooms are upstairs, so you can tuck the kids into bed in the evenings and still enjoy some adult time in the main living space. We can’t wait to be your home base as you discover all of the best things to do in St Augustine with kids! Book your lodging today!