This year, Schooner Freedom Charters celebrated their 21st year, offering unforgettable experiences and amazing views on the high seas for visitors and locals alike in St. Augustine. The Schooner Freedom is St. Augustine’s premiere tall ship, clocking in at 76 feet long with 2,400 square feet of billowing sails. As a local family-owned and operated venture, there’s a more than likely chance that you’ll meet the owner Captain John aboard or one of his kids acting as the first mate on your sailing.
Before you start booking your sailing excursions, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is the ideal place to make your home base. First and foremost, our location is perfect for those hoping to board the Schooner Freedom, as we are within walking distance to the dock, and you won’t have to worry about parking. And secondly, you’ll find that our beautifully appointed guest suites, complimentary amenities, and unparalleled hospitality make our Inn one of the best places to stay in St. Augustine time and again.
Head Out with Schooner Freedom Charters
Before you head out on the water with Schooner Freedom Charters, you’ll want to pick the best sailing that fits your getaway. They offer three daily sailings and a few specialty tours. Whichever tour you choose, you’ll see some of the most spectacular views of St. Augustine.
- Day Sail Adventure: Sit back in the sunshine as the crew raises the sails and heads out on the water. This daytime cruise is the best choice for those hoping to catch sight of the local marine and wildlife.
- Sunset Sail: This is one of our favorite tours with Schooner Freedom Charters, and we often include this sailing in our romance packages (read more below). A view of the sunset from this two-hour cruise may rival any other evening ride you’ve experienced.
- Moonlight Sail: Relax with a drink and the sound of the waves accompanied by mellow live music on this sailing under the light of the moon in St. Augustine.
- Fins and Freedom: Partnering with St. Augustine’s Marineland, this exclusive sailing heads out with the intent of discovering dolphins—and hopes to inspire future generations to learn more about the importance of conservation along the way.
- Haunted Waters—Spirits on the Schooner Sail: We’re nearing that time of year when ghost stories become more real, and one of the best ways to hear some of the local lore is on this guided haunted history sail.
- Nights of Lights: Each holiday season, St. Augustine sparkles and shines in the night with thousands of strands of lights donning the trees, buildings, and bridges. The Nights of Lights is best viewed from the water, and sailing aboard the Schooner Freedom may just become a yearly tradition.
Our Special Sailing Packages:
- Sail and Ale Special: This exclusive mid-week package will only be available for the months of August and September—the slower season in St. Augustine. During your three-night stay, we’ll treat you to a two-hour sunset sailing aboard the Schooner Freedom and a $20 gift certificate to enjoy a beer or two at the local Dog Rose Brewing Co.
- Sail Away to Romance Special: This romantic adventure begins with a Savannah Sweets chocolate sampler and a Champagne split in your room upon arrival and then heads out to the open water for a two-hour sunset cruise with Schooner Freedom Charters.
Classic Florida Lodging at our St. Augustine B&B
Each of our 19 guest rooms and suites at St. Francis Inn is unique in size, location, decor, configuration, and appointments. Staying in a different room each time creates a sense of visiting a new space until you find your favorite. Rates vary accordingly, but we offer cozy rooms to spacious multi-room suites—yet all feature private baths, TVs, central heat and air conditioning, and clock radio with MP3/iPod connection.
You’ll feel entirely at home at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast. We aim to deliver warm and welcoming service to each and every guest, and we can’t wait to host you. Book your next getaway to Florida today!