St. Francis Inn Policies & Why Book Direct
In order to guarantee your reservation, we will process a $100 charge/deposit to your credit or debit card at the time your reservation is made. This deposit will be applied to the cost of your stay.
- If you cancel for any reason prior to 7 days before your arrival date (14 days for holidays and special events), we will refund 75% of your deposit.
- If you cancel for any reason less than 7 days before your arrival date, you will forfeit your full deposit.
- No Shows – guests who do not cancel and do not show up for any reason on their arrival date – will be charged one night’s lodging and will not be issued a gift certificate.
We offer many ways for you to make a reservation inquiry:
- Call us toll-free at 1-800-824-6062 (USA & Canada)
- Call us at 1-904-824-6068 (International)
- Fax us at 1-904-810-5525
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
You can also check the availability for any of our Rooms or Suites online, and even book your reservation online:
NOTE: Our Rates are based on double occupancy. Please add $30 per extra person per night for all other Inn accommodations. Also, the rates do not include state or local taxes. Weekly and monthly rates are also available; please inquire.
Every Room and Suite at St. Francis Inn is unique – varying in size, location, decor, configuration, and appointments. Our Rates reflect these distinctions and vary accordingly, but every Inn accommodation includes…
- private bath
- central heat & air-conditioning
- color cable TV
- clock radios with MP3/iPod connection
- queen- or king-sized beds
- queen-sized sleeper sofa in suites
- fresh flowers
- sherry decanter and glasses
- unique character and individual decor
- special touches and romantic atmosphere
- plush monogrammed robes to wear during your stay
- irons and ironing boards
- soap and conditioning shampoo
- hair dryer
- laundry bag
- daily housekeeping
…and all rooms and suites are smoke-free.
Several also have…
- fireplace, electric or gas
- spacious whirlpool tub
- old-style clawfoot bathtub
- private balcony, porch or deck
- have coffee makers
- have a refrigerator and/or microwave
- have a kitchen or access to a private shared kitchen
- allow a small pet, under specific conditions
At the front desk, we keep shower caps, sewing kits, and various toiletries in case guests forget to pack some.
Our Rates also include a buffet breakfast, use of Inn bicycles, admission to the St. Augustine Light House and Museum and 50% discounted admission to the Oldest House, evening social hour, and other perks, activities and benefits. See our Free Guest Amenities page for details.
- Check-in after 3:00 pm
- Check-out by 12:00 pm
Smoking is not permitted in any building. There are numerous protected and attractive outside areas where smoking is allowed.
We accept small pets on a limited basis and with certain guidelines and restrictions. For complete information, please refer to Our Pet Policy.
Concerned about allergies?
Not to worry! Most of our rooms are kept “pet free;” pet guests are only allowed in a few select Inn rooms. All our guest rooms and common rooms are non-smoking.
Our Smartest Guests Book Direct!
You BOOK DIRECT when you use one of two methods to reserve your room:
- Book Direct by Phone: Call St. Francis Inn and speak to our on-site innkeeper at 800-824-6062 or 904-824-6068
- Book Direct Online: Book Direct Online: From our website Link to Online Booking
Here are the facts:
Book Direct with St. Francis Inn and you will:
- Earn our Loyalty Reward* – A $25 Gift Card for legendary O.C. White’s Seafood & Spirits Restaurant, just a few short blocks from the Inn
- Get our best rates and our best offers
- Be able to choose from all our available accommodations
- Easily select one of our many specials, packages or add-ons to your stay
- Have more flexibility and a better booking experience
- Have direct access to our Innkeepers, who can answer all your Inn and local area questions
- Have direct access to our Innkeepers who can assist you with any special requirements
- Learn about and access our offers during non-peak travel times
- Get personalized assistance from those who know the Inn and how your needs are best accommodated.
Those who DON’T Book Direct, and work through a ‘middle-man’ online travel agency like Expedia or Priceline:
- Are paying hidden fees
don’t have access to all our rooms and suites
- Won’t learn about the Inn’s special offers and savings
won’t be able to add packages or add-ons to their stay when booking
- Have less flexibility with booking dates
- Don’t get the Inn’s personal touch
Just call 800-824-6062 or 904-824-6068 or click here for direct booking online. We look forward to helping you plan your visit.
* The Loyalty Reward gift card offer is for first-time guests, for stays of two nights or more. Not available with any other discounts. Only good for reservations made directly with St. Francis Inn in 2019, either by phone or online from our website. Mention “Book Direct” when booking to get this reward. Based on double occupancy.
Best practices and procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Over the next few months, when our guests are here at the St Francis Inn and Casa de Suenos, they will notice numerous additional procedures and changes in all areas of the Inns and in our customer service. Specific areas of focus include:
MASKS……. the City of St. Augustine Commission enacted an ordinance effective June 27th requiring all staff and guests/customers to wear masks when indoors in public spaces except when eating/drinking. We are happy to provide masks to guests who need them at no cost.
Monitoring the Health of our Staff:
Our employees have their temperatures checked at the beginning of each shift and will be sent home if they have an above normal temperature. We record this information and keep it on file. If any of our employees is feeling or showing any symptoms such as shortness of breath or dry cough they will be required to stay home until they do not have any symptoms for 3 days.
All of our employees are required to wear masks while inside and/or working with guests.
We have added signage throughout the properties to remind everyone about social distancing protocols and the need to frequently wash their hands and use sanitizer.
Sanitizing and Cleaning of General Areas:
In public spaces, we require our staff to thoroughly treat high-touch surface areas with hospital-grade disinfectants. This cleaning is done regularly.
The Public/Employee restrooms at both of our properties are now locked at all times. Guests will have to use the private restroom in their room once they have checked in. Prior to check-in, guests may ask the innkeeper for a key for the restroom. Our staff will be monitoring the use of the public restrooms so we can ensure that they are checked and disinfected after each use.
We are working with the City of St Augustine to have sanitizer, masks and gloves available to guests and staff.
The St Francis Inn has added a plexiglass shield at the front desk to provide an extra level of precaution for guests. At Casa de Suenos the check-in process will allow for a 6 foot distance between guests and innkeepers.
There will be a limit of one guest at the front desk with one innkeeper behind the desk. The phones, pens, guest credit cards and room keys will be wiped down and sanitized before and after each guest or each time a staff member comes in contact with these items. Our Select Registry Kiosk will be sanitized before and after each use.
Paper materials that are distributed at check-in such as maps and menus will be recycled after each guest departs. Our staff will remove all of these items from the guest rooms after check-out so that we can ensure all of the materials handed to guests at check in are new.
Guest Room/Amenities Sanitizing Procedures:
In guest rooms we are cleaning all surfaces thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants. We also place disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
We have removed the in-room phones from the guest rooms. We feel this should not be an issue since most travelers today will have their personal cell phones with them while staying with us. We have also removed the in-room pens and note pads. If a guest would like a pen or notepad during their stay, please ask your innkeeper for one.
At both properties we have removed the cream sherry from the decanters. The decanters will be sanitized after each check-out and replaced back in the room. If a guest would like cream sherry during their stay with us they may ask an innkeeper to fill the decanter for them.
The St Francis Inn gift center items will be kept in a separate locked cabinet out of reach of the public. If you would like to purchase an item from the gift center, please let any of our staff know and they will assist you so you can make your purchase.
Bicycles- Our guest bicycles will be sanitized before and after each use.
Food and Beverage Experience:
At both properties we will be modifying our operational practices for our food and beverage experiences. This will include eliminating buffets (while keeping our same menu) designating specific times for guests to eat, and delivering food to the room or other dining areas throughout the facilities.
After each guest eats our staff will wipe down and sanitize the table and chairs to prepare for the next guest.
Social hour food and beverages will be served in individually marked boxes with the guest’s room name on them. Guests may enjoy these evening snacks in their rooms, or in several seating areas throughout the properties. Desserts will also be served in individual boxes with the guest’s room name on the box. Our guests will be able to pick up these items between 5-8pm nightly.
Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.stfrancisinn.com
The St Francis Inn Bed and Breakfast is owned by The St. Francis Corp.
Located at 279 St George St, St Augustine, FL 32084 USA.
Telephone toll-free 800-824-6062 (USA & Canada) or (904) 824-6068 (International).
Our commitment is to
- never sell or share your information with unauthorized outside parties.
- never use your information to market our lodging to you for future stays without requiring your “opt in” and permitting your “opt out.”
- only collect the minimum of information as is customarily necessary to provide lodging.
- only share information about you when (a) required by law or (b) required by situations that demand immediate action that are to your clear benefit (i.e., “emergencies”).
Booking Reservations (Check Rates and Availability)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Gift Certificate Contact form
These details are only known to us if you complete a contact form. We collect information if you order a Gift Certificate on our website.
News Blog or Newsletter Subscription
We collect information (eg. your email address) if you sign up for our News Blog or Newsletter subscription. The News Blog subscription service is provided by WordPress (a 3rd party). The Newsletter Subscription is provided by iContact (a 3rd party). You can opt-in or opt-out anytime.
Analytics cookies help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies. Analytics may collect the type of web browser or operating system, IP address, viewed pages, time and duration of site visits, crash logs, and other information relating to site usage.
Your Web Browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please note, however, that certain features of the site might not function if you delete or disable cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
The St. Francis Corp. will use necessary measures to protect the security of data. However, it is impossible for The St. Francis Corp. to completely guarantee that your data will be immune from malicious attack or compromise; as such, you should understand that your transmission of personal data is always at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
The St. Francis Corp.
Date of Last Revision: August 15, 2018
Pet-Friendly Lodging in St Augustine
Concerned about allergies?
Not to worry! Most of our rooms are kept "pet free;" pet guests are only allowed in a few select Inn rooms and not in common rooms. Also, all our guest rooms and common rooms are non-smoking.
Are you looking for pet friendly lodging in St. Augustine? It’s fun to travel with your beloved pets, and we understand that! That’s why we’re pleased to offer some limited pet friendly lodging in the historic center of St. Augustine.
The St Francis Inn accepts small well-mannered pets on a limited basis in certain rooms/suites by advance reservations only. You must meet the following conditions for our pet friendly lodging
- When reservation is made, guest must disclose their pet will also be visiting.
- At check-in, guests with a pet are required to sign our “Guest Pet Responsibility” agreement, which guarantees and authorizes credit card payment for any damage caused by their pet.
- We charge a nightly pet fee of $20. This fee helps to cover the additional time and effort needed to clean the guest accommodation after a pet visit.
- A “small pet” is a cat or dog which is easily held/carried by the guest, a maximum of 45 lbs.
- Pets may not be allowed during certain holidays, weekends, or special event periods; please check ahead for availability.
- Pets must be under the owner’s control and should not disturb other guests (barking, non-friendly manner, etc.).
- Since pets are not allowed in our “common areas” (such as the lobby, sitting room, dining room), only certain select rooms with direct outdoor access are designated to accommodate guests with small pets.
- Daily housekeeping may be interrupted if a pet is in the room alone and not crated.