The St. Augustine Night of Lights is a stunning city-wide holiday display that is sure to be an unforgettable experience! This year marks the 27th year for this annual event in which the town’s Spanish colonial buildings are draped in white twinkling lights from the sidewalks all the way to the rooftops. This creates a magical and romantic atmosphere in the nation’s oldest city. This impressive display was deemed one of the 10 best places in the world to see holiday lights by National Geographic Magazine!
Unwind after taking in the St. Augustine Night of Lights displays and events at our St. Augustine bed and breakfast. Relax at our historic Inn conveniently located downtown within walking distance to many of the city’s amazing attractions and restaurants. You’ll feel a world away while enjoying the privacy of our walled courtyard garden and soaking in the ambiance of a time gone by. This is truly the ultimate Florida getaway! If you want the perfect place to stay that is dripping with history and character, book your room today!
St. Augustine Night of Lights
From November 14th through January 31st the city is blanketed in more than 3 million lights and thousands of people come out to experience this unforgettable holiday display. This free event offers many ways to experience the lights whether activities that are ongoing throughout the season or events that are held on specific night.
You may choose to stroll along historic streets under the glow of the white lights or you may want to see the displays from a different perspective like out on the water or from a romantic carriage ride. Whichever way you see St. Augustine Night of Lights it’s sure to make memories that will last a lifetime! Here are 7 ways to experience this amazing event.
- Seeing the lights from land is nice but why not head out on the water for an even better perspective along the Florida coast! St. Augustine Ecotours harbor tour is a more quiet and peaceful way to see the lights display out and away from the crowds on a 6-12 passenger boat. Enjoy the exciting pirate and light show aboard the Black Raven ship. Savor the sunset upon the St. Augustine Night of Lights from the Schooner Freedom tall ship.
- See the lights from above by climbing the 219 steps up to the top of the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum. This historic lighthouse also hosts a Luminary Night on December 1st and 3rd.
- Take a tour by trolley on an Old Town Trolley. These St. Augustine Night of Lights tours leave from the visitor information center and are a great way to see the lights when those feet start to get tired.
- What’s more romantic than going on a horse and carriage ride beneath the glowing lights of the holiday season! Tasting Tours offers group and private rides through the historic streets of St. Augustine. Enjoy your time even more with a complimentary boutique wine to share on the ride along with souvenir glasses.
- Ancient City Tours leads you on a 90-minute walking tour where you’ll learn all about the history of this dynamic town amongst the backdrop of the St. Augustine Night of Lights.
- Enjoy Christmas at the Villa Zorayda Museum and see a beautiful Christmas display throughout this Gilded Age museum. During the St. Augustine Night of Lights, the museum is decorated with more than 100 sparkling candles.
- For the best views of the St. Augustine Night of Lights head to the Plaza de la Constitucion and the Bridge of Lions. These two iconic St. Augustine locations are decked out in beautiful lights and will provide for the best photo opportunities to help you remember this one of a kind event.
The Best Florida Getaway
While exploring the St. Augustine Night of Lights, you’ll have the perfect place to escape to at St. Francis Inn. We are located within walking distance of many of the amazing lights and events taking place during this magical time of year. Each of our guest rooms and suites is unique and special varying in size, location, decor, and appointments. No matter what room you’ll have all guests at our St. Augustine bed and breakfast get the opportunity to relax on a plush king or queen-size bed, enjoy the heated swimming pool, fuel-up with a buffet breakfast, and have free use of the Inn bicycles.
Head out for some sightseeing during the day, come back to rejuvenate in your private guest room, then go out to check out one of the most impressive light displays in the world! If you are ready for the ultimate spot to stay at for the 2020 St. Augustine Night of Lights, book your room today!