Are you looking for fun things to do to pack your calendar with for 2020? We have a great list of St. Augustine events for you to consider attending in 2020. And, of course, when you attend any of these great events, there’s only one place to consider for lodging, and that is the St. Francis Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast or one of our sister properties.
The St. Francis Inn, located in the heart of St. Augustine, gives you access to the historic heart of this incredible city, comfortable guest rooms, and an incredible range of amenities, including an evening social hour every evening with small bites and free drinks, along with easy access to the stunning St. Augustine Beach. It’s the easiest way to enjoy the best of both worlds while you’re here in St. Augustine. Book your stay at our historic Bed and Breakfast today!
St. Augustine Events you Must Attend This Spring
St. Augustine is the country’s oldest city and is a true delight to explore. From the historic Old Town to the stunningly beautiful beaches, there are a number of incredible things to do in St. Augustine. There’s a wonderful slate of St. Augustine events to consider when you plan your vacations every year, too. Each of these upcoming events celebrates some aspect of the city’s heritage and culture, often packing the bricked streets of downtown.
There’s so much going on in St.Augustine throughout the year, but we’ve narrowed down our list to 10 of our favorite St. Augustine events to attend this spring. We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- Spanish Wine Festival, February 28 – 29, 2020. This event is a delightful celebration of Spanish wine and culture, featuring more than 100 delicious Spanish wines.
- Daytona bike Week, March 6 – 15, 2020. 2020 marks the 29th anniversary of this popular annual event, which includes a number of bike shows, rides, and other events. This exciting event contends with the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota as the most popular motorcycle rally in the U.S. The event draws hundreds of thousands of visitors to the area, and many of them choose to stay in St. Augustine for its historic charm and ambiance. Daytona is only a short (but beautiful) drive down the highway from St. Augustine, and one of the closest towns to Daytona.
- The Celtic Music & Heritage Festival, held March 13 – 15, 2020, features a wonderful array of Celtic music, the St. Augustine Highland Games, and the St. Patricks Day Parade. St. Augustine is the oldest Celtic city in the country, so it makes sense to throw such a fun party. Guests to the St. Augustine are offered free admission if interested in attending this event.
- Get ready to eat some of the best seafood around at the Lions Seafood Festival, held March 20 – 22, 2020. The event also features live music and more than 100 arts and crafts vendors.
- Rhythm & Ribs Festival will take place on March 27 – 29, 2020. Not only does it feature some delicious award-winning BBQ, but it also showcases a number of incredible musical acts, including this year’s headliner, Easton Corbin. Guests to the St. Augustine are offered free admission if interested in attending this event.
- More than 100 artists and craftsmen come to town to participate in the juried art show at the Old Town Art Show Spring 2020, April 4 – 5, 2020
- The Plein Air Paint Out, held April 20 – 26, is the perfect time for artists to come to St. Augustine. The beautiful town is an inspiration. The event will also include demonstrations and workshops, art sales, and a juried art exhibition.
- Calling all birdwatchers! Florida’s Birding & Photo Fest will be held from April 22 – 26, 2020. There are incredible birdwatching opportunities during this event, along with classroom sessions and field workshops. It’s perfect for beginning and advanced photographers!
- St. Augustine Craft Brewers Fest, May 9, 2020. The event will be held at the Fountain of Youth, and will feature St. Augustine’s local breweries.
- Do you love historical reenactments? The head to St. Augustine for the exciting Battle of Bloody Mose on June 15, 2020, and relive one of the most pivotal battles in St. Augustine’s history.
The Best St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast
These St. Augustine Events will no doubt keep you busy and on your feet, but at the end of the day, we’ know you’ll be ready to relax, unwind, and put your feet up. Join us at the historic St. Francis Inn for one of a kind accommodations in the heart of Old Town.
Each of our guest rooms is unique and reflective of St. Augustine’s Old World charm, made even better by the addition of our gourmet full breakfast, served daily, our four-season garden, a temperature-controlled swimming pool, bicycles to borrow, and amenities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Our location is one of the most walkable in all of St Augustine, making us the ultimate choice for lodging in town. Book a room at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast today, and come see what sets us apart from the rest.