As the Oldest City in the nation, it is no surprise that there are many fantastic things to do in St. Augustine! From fascinating historic attractions and museums to time at the beach and cocktails, you’ll find it all in our beautiful city on the Atlantic Coast. While it’s a popular day trip from cities like Daytona, Jacksonville, and Orlando, there are so many things to do in St. Augustine that you could easily stay here for a few days to thoroughly enjoy yourself and find some time to relax as well!
Flordia is a year-round destination; some might argue that spring and fall are the best times to visit! The temperatures hover in the high 70s to low 80s in both those seasons. And while it can get hot in the summer (some people love that!) and a bit cooler in the winter, we’re lucky in this area to rarely break out a coat (maybe in the evenings). The busiest time to visit St. Augustine tends to be from June to August, so for those who prefer a quieter getaway, plan for those other sleepier months!
Whether you prefer sunbathing on the beach, perusing the local shops in St. Augustine’s historic district, or taking a deep dive into history, there are plenty of things to do in St. Augustine. As an added benefit, so much of it is within walking distance of our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine or our sister property, which makes both excellent places to base your adventures! Heading out on foot to the nearby restaurants, bars, and attractions makes your stay that much better. Our historic St. Francis Inn is tucked in the heart of St. Augustine, with well-appointed lodging accommodations to fit any style of a getaway to Florida. Book your room today!
The Most Amazing Things to do in St. Augustine in 2023
A getaway to Florida can mean so many things! If you’re here for romance or relaxation, we’ve got you covered tenfold. Thankfully, when you book your stay at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, not only will you be in the ideal location to explore all the best things to do in St. Augustine, but you’ll love returning to your guest suite after a long day exploring or playing in the golden sands.
Here are the top ten things to do in St. Augustine this year:
- Take the Old Town Trolley: One of the best ways to take in all the best things to do in St. Augustine is by the open-air trolley. These guided tours offer a glimpse into the history and hotspots and can help you fill out your itinerary during your stay.
- A Day at St. Augustine Beach: What’s a trip to Florida without some time on the beach? St. Augustine is home to some of the most beloved beaches on the east coast, and guests staying at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine have exclusive access to St. Augustine Beach. It’s one of the many incredible amenities included with your stay.
- Visit the Castillo San Marcos National Monument: Perhaps one of the most iconic things to do in St. Augustine, this ancient masonry fort is one of the oldest in the country. The Spanish colonists built it in 1672; you’ll learn the fascinating history on a tour here.
- The Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park: An actual site of the first settlement in America, you’ll want to stop for a refreshing drink from Ponce de Leon’s Spring of Eternal Hope. It is rumored to give a gift of a long, lasting life!
- Explore St. George Street: This pedestrian-only zone is filled with shops, restaurants, and art galleries in St. Augustine’s Historic District. Take a stroll for souvenirs, popsicles, live entertainment, and refreshing cocktails.
- Views from St. Augustine’s Lighthouse and Maritime Museum: This black and white landmark is a stunning and historic reminder of St. Augustine’s past. At the top, it’s one of the most unique and panoramic views of the Nation’s Oldest City.
- Wineries, Breweries, and Distilleries: Our favorite beachfront wine tasting happens at San Sebastian Winery. It’s located just a few blocks from historic downtown St. Augustine. Dog Rose Brewing is the perfect spot for a refreshing beer. And if you’re into the hard stuff, grab a tasting and a tour at St. Augustine Distillery.
- Hit the Trails at Anastasia State Park: This Florida State Park features 1600 acres of pristine white-sand beaches, tidal marshes, and maritime hammocks. It’s the perfect place to go birdwatching, kayaking, or hiking.
- Visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm: Talk about experiencing something quintessential Florida! This Alligator farm features great animal exhibits and a thrilling zipline to explore.
- Take a ghost tour: St. Augustine is considered one of America’s most haunted cities, and there are many ghost tours around town. Visit famous haunted destinations like the Lighthouse, the Huguenot Cemetery, the Old Prison, and the Tolomato Catholic Cemetery. The Ghosts and Gravestones tour is the one we recommend the most often. We even have our own friendly ghost at the St. Francis Inn!
For more suggestion for things to do in St. Augustine, feel free to ask any of our warm and knowledgable staff members at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine
There are so many things to do in St. Augustine and just as many ways to relax! Not that you know about the best activities out and about, but now we’ll fill you in on the best ways to unwind, relax, and reset, which all start with a vacation in Florida with our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine as your home base. You’ll find a comfortable and welcoming space—our historic charm appears at every corner of the Inn, from interesting architectural angles and cozy nooks.
There’s nothing cookie-cutter about our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, which just means that your lodging becomes a part of your getaway instead of just a place to rest your head a night.
We also include a long list of amenities that other lodging options might charge extra for—this means a delicious breakfast each morning, complimentary beverages and snacks throughout the day, an evening “social hour” with wine and appetizers, home-baked desserts, and so much more! We also offer free passes or discounted rates for some of the best things to do in St. Augustine, including the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum, Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center, and a 50% discount on admission to the nearby Oldest House Museum.
Inside our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, we offer 19 beautifully-appointed guest rooms, all unique in layout and decor. From small cozy rooms to spacious multi-room suites, all feature private baths, luxurious linens, and central heat and air conditioning. Choice rooms offer jetted tubs, private porches, and king-size beds. Start planning your next getaway filled with all the best things to do in St. Augustine, and book your room today!